Monday, September 7, 2009

SkyMall - Sodastream

On my recent trip, I had the pleasure of rediscovering SkyMall. SkyMall is a company that sells "innovative merchandise," of which is mostly seen in their catalogs which can be found tucked in front of your seat on many airlines, or ordered online. Being the gadget guy that I am, it was a real treat to flip through the pages and look at all the interesting items. Not a bad way to help pass the time considering there was no in flight movie and the gentleman next to me had fallen asleep just after take off.

There are a number of great items that can be found in the SkyMall catalog, such as the Sodastream Soda Maker Kit. It's been a long time since I've seen a soda making kit so I thought I would share this one with you all. The Sodastream requires no electricity meaning that you can take it with you in your RV or on boating trips. It carbonizes water that you then add some of their soda mix to, and TA-DA a nice refreshing cup of soda. While it may seem goofy to go through the "trouble" to make your own soda when you could just go buy a 24 pack of Mountain Dew, or a couple of 2 liters, Sodastream might actually save you money over time (assuming that you like their drinks). From Sodastream's website, a Fountain Mist soda mix bottle that makes 12 liters is roughly $5 and in the market today, that's about what you would pay for 2 liters of Mountain Dew.

Myself, I'm trying to cut down on how much soda I drink, but this could be a fun little gadget to help you save some money, and could be fun to use with the family.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment